Coventry University (CU) in Coventry, UK
Third-year BME participants studying at Coventry University know it is serious about global education, with over 23,000 students enrolled in total. Already one of the largest providers of business-related degree programmes in Europe, CU has over 5,000 students in its business school. Preparation for the world of work is embedded into the DNA of CU's innovative courses, with 95% of graduates employed or in further studies. For two years running, CU has been the country's top modern university in the Guardian University Guide, and has been ranked 12th overall across all UK universities. For the previous three years, CU has been named the 'Modern University of the Year' by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide.
CU's degree in European Business Management provides third-year BME students with a highly regarded business management qualification, as well as international experience to demonstrate that they have the ability to apply their learnings in a global workplace. They can build from their business placement during BME's second year and apply this to a portfolio of strategic subjects, in addition to undertaking a research project.
At CU, third-year BME students follow the programme "Bachelor (Hons) European Business Management" consisting of the following courses*:
- Europe Through a Global Lens
- Business and Management Dissertation
- Strategic Management in a European Context
- Corporate Marketing Strategy
- Global Marketing
- International Business Strategy
- Globalisation in the Emerging Market
- Exploring Entrepreneurship
- Global Leadership
- Global Logistics Operations Strategy
- Supply Chain Management Strategy
* Please note specific course offerings are subject to change.
Apart from the variable transportation costs students incur when travelling to and from their home country, the following 2 cost estimates need to be considered for participating in BME's third year:
- the cost of living near the third-year partner institution
- the yearly tuition fee of the third-year partner institution
Estimates of the cost of living near CU vary with the specific student's lifestyle, but a typical figure is between £ 500 an £ 750 per month.
CU's yearly tuition fee for academic year 2017-2018 is around £ 9.250 (5% early payment discount if paid before induction week). This online overview has more specifics on tuition.
In the UK, the tuition fee does not have to be paid immediately. Students can apply for a study loan via Student Finance England (if their terms and conditions are met). This loan only has to be repaid in instalments when you earn £ 20.000 or more gross a year. Refer to "What you repay" for more specifics.
For the third BME year also, the quality of the student accommodation significantly contributes to a participant's overall experience. Therefore again carefully research housing options before committing to a selection and always visit the accommodation before sending a first deposit or signing the contract. Specifically for exploring accommodation possibilities near CU:
- see excellent pointers on CU's "Accommodation" webpage
- search the web and browse the many relevant Facebook groups for student housing listings
To apply to CU for your third BME year, compile the following:
- Transcripts - provide a copy of both year 1 and year 2 transcripts confirming 120 ECTS
- References - not required (if applying through UCAS, tick the exemption box under the section references)
- Personal statement - let us get to know you:
- Why did you choose to study an international programme taught in three different countries?
- Why would you like to study at Coventry University?
Mail the above to email@example.com and ask for further details on the application procedure.
Here you can read all the information on applying to CU.