London South Bank University (LSBU) in London, UK
For third-year BME participants, studying business at LSBU in one of the largest and most competitive global business capitals provides invaluable experience. Immersing students in the vivid urban landscape of London prepares them to work in such a competitive and exciting environment. London South Bank University offers the opportunity to develop important transferable skills such as networking and entrepreneurship.
With a focus on student experience and extra-curricular activities, LSBU was awarded Entrepreneurial University of the year 2016. Moreover, its programme "Bachelor (Hons) Marketing" was voted first in London for student satisfaction.
At LSBU, third-year BME students follow the programme "Bachelor (Hons) Marketing" consisting of the following courses*:
- Undergraduate Project
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- International Marketing
- Brand management
- Direct and Digital Marketing Strategy
- Managing Luxury Brands & Branding
- Advertising Account Planning
- Corporate Communications
- Public Relations, Propaganda & Persuasion
* Please note specific course offerings are subject to change.
Apart from the variable transportation costs students incur when travelling to and from their home country, the following 2 cost estimates need to be considered for participating in BME's third year:
- the cost of living near the third-year partner institution
- the yearly tuition fee of the third-year partner institution
Estimates of the cost of living near LSBU vary with the specific student's lifestyle, but a typical figure is between £ 500 and £ 750 per month.
LSBU's yearly tuition fee for academic year 2017-2018 is between £ 8.000 and £ 9.250 (depending on the number of BME students enrolling). This webpage has more specifics on fees and funding.
In the UK, the tuition fee does not have to be paid immediately. Students can apply for a study loan via Student Finance England (if their terms and conditions are met). This loan only has to be repaid in instalments when you earn £ 20.000 or more gross a year. Refer to "What you repay" for more specifics.
For the third BME year also, the quality of the student accommodation significantly contributes to a participant's overall experience. Therefore again carefully research housing options before committing to a selection and always visit the accommodation before sending a first deposit or signing the contract. Specifically for exploring accommodation possibilities near LSBU:
- see excellent pointers on LSBU's "Accommodation" webpage
- search the web and browse the many relevant Facebook groups for student housing listings
- as indicated below in "Application", submit your LSBU application to receive a conditional offer that enables you to apply for accommodation
To apply to LSBU for your third BME year, use this online UCAS form and make sure to:
- Enter UCAS Course Code N502 BA (Hons) Marketing, UCAS University Code L75
- When asked about your entry point, answer 4 (in this system, the year of entry for your programme here is year 4)
- Write Leuven in the ”details” (this identifies you as a BME student more easily)
- Transcripts: you do not need to provide transcripts of your grades - this will be required when you get your results in July (see below in "Your results")
- English Language: no transcripts required for EU students, International students require IELTS 6
- References: you do not need to submit a reference – there may be a different requirement for non-EU students
- You will need to write a short personal statement explaining why you chose BME and why LSBU (your application does not depend on this but it helps us to get to know you better)
- Once you submit your application you will receive a conditional offer and then you will be able to apply for accommodation
- Your results: in July when you receive your results don't forget to send them to us immediately - if you have passed everything, you will receive an unconditional offer and a firm place on the course.