London South Bank University (LSBU) in London, UK
For third-year BME participants, studying business at London South Bank University (LSBU) in one of the largest and most competitive global business capitals provides invaluable experience. Immersing students in the vivid urban landscape of London prepares them to work in such a competitive and exciting environment. LSBU offers the opportunity to develop important transferable skills such as networking and entrepreneurship.
With a focus on student experience and extra-curricular activities, LSBU was awarded Entrepreneurial University of the year 2016 (Times Higher Education awards) and is currently University of the Year for the second year in a row (The Times and Sunday Times’ Good University Guide 2018 and 2019). Moreover, its programme "BA (Hons) Marketing" was voted first in London for student satisfaction.
At LSBU, third-year BME students follow the programme "BA (Hons) Marketing" consisting of the following courses*:
- Undergraduate Project
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- International Marketing
- Brand management
- Direct and Digital Marketing Strategy
- Managing Luxury Brands & Branding
- Advertising Account Planning
- Corporate Communications
- Public Relations, Propaganda & Persuasion
* Please note specific course offerings are subject to change.
Apart from the variable transportation costs students incur when travelling to and from their home country, the following two cost estimates need to be considered for participating in BME's third year:
- the cost of living near the third-year partner institution
- the yearly tuition fee of the third-year partner institution
Estimates of the cost of living near LSBU vary with the specific student's lifestyle, but a typical figure is between £ 800 and £ 1,200 per month.
LSBU's yearly tuition fee for academic year 2018-2019 is £ 8,000 for BME students who are EU nationals. For any BME students who are nationals of countries outside the EU, the international fee will apply. This webpage has more specifics on student finance within the UK.
In the UK, the tuition fee does not have to be paid immediately. EU students can apply for a study loan via Student Finance England (if their terms and conditions are met). This loan only has to be repaid in instalments when you earn £ 20.000 or more gross a year. Refer to "What you repay" for more specifics. Where the international fee is payable, students will need to pay a deposit to hold their place when their offer becomes unconditional. The remainder of the fees can be paid at enrolment or via instalments.
For students on the third year of the BME programme, the quality of the student accommodation significantly contributes to a participant's overall experience. LSBU's Residences are a few minutes walking distance from the University and offer our students single study rooms with all amenities included, awarded Best Student Accomodation by Whatuni.com in 2016. If you are interested in private housing options however, please carefully research this before committing to a selection. It is strongly recommended to visit the accomodation before sending a first deposit or signing the contract. For exploring private accomodation possibilities near LSBU:
- see excellent pointers on LSBU's "Accommodation" webpage
- search the web and browse the many relevant Facebook groups for student housing listings
- as indicated below in "Application", accepting a conditional offer from LSBU enables you to apply for LSBU's Residences.
To apply to LSBU for your third BME year, you can use our online application form (free of charge) and make sure to:
- Follow the instructions on our web page about How to Apply, creating a username and password. You will be assigned a LSBU applicant ID number which you must quote on all accomodations with the University.
- When asked about your entry point, answer Year 4 (in this system, the year of entry for your programme here is Year 4)
- Transcripts: please provide a transcript to date of your grades - the final transcript will be required when you get your results in July, which you can send via email to: email@example.com.
- English Language: EU students should provide evidence of their English level as on the Belgium country page, International students require IELTS 6.0 overall with no skill less than 5.5
- References: you do not need to submit a reference
- You will need to write a short personal statement explaining why you chose BME and why LSBU (your application does not depend on this but it helps us to get to know you better).
- Once you submit your application you will receive a conditional offer and once you accept this, you will then be able to apply for accommodation.
- Your results: in July when you receive your results don't forget to send them to us immediately via the email address above - if you have passed everything, you will receive an unconditional offer and a firm place on the course.