Rennes School of Business (Rennes-SB) in Rennes, France
Located in Brittany, near the coast, Rennes School of Business is a great study abroad option for third-year BME participants. Both for students looking to experience a new culture and those who wish to improve their French skills. With a finance based course load, the programme of Rennes School of Business provides students the opportunity to have a year of highly specialized business courses. Rennes School of Business has a triple accreditation (EQUIS, AMBA, AACSB), shared with only 1% of Business Schools worldwide, which attests the excellence of the teaching and research programmes.
The multicultural approach of Rennes SB is not a legend! The student body is represented by 53% international students, while 91% of the faculty is non-French. The 70 different nationalities on the campus constitutes a unique cosmopolitan environment in Europe.
At Rennes School of Business, third-year BME students follow the programme "International Bachelor Programme in Management" consisting of the following courses:
- International Human Resources Management
- Project Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management Fundamentals
- International Negotiation Skills
- Business Ethics
- Distribution and Channel Management
- Marketing Metrics
- Salesmanship and Sales Force Management
- Digital Marketing
- Business to Business Marketing
- French Language
- Bachelor Dissertation – Junior Expert
- Final Internship (8 weeks)
Specialisation courses at Rennes:
- Sales and Marketing
Apart from the variable transportation costs students incur when travelling to and from their home country, the following 2 cost estimates need to be considered for participating in BME's third year:
- the cost of living near the third-year partner institution
- the yearly tuition or application fee of the third year-partner institution
Estimates of the cost of living near Rennes School of Business vary with the specific student's lifestyle, but a typical figure is between € 600 and € 650 per month.
Rennes-SB's application fee for academic year 2017-2018 is € 90.
For the third BME year also, the quality of the student accommodation significantly contributes to a participant's overall experience. Since September 2017, Rennes School of Business has opened a new housing building (124 studio apartments) for French and international students situated less then 5 minutes' walking distance from the campus.
For other accomodation possibilities near Rennes School of Business:
- see excellent pointers on Rennes-SB's "Accomodation" webpage
- search the web and browse the many relevant Facebook groups for student housing listings
Therefore, again carefully research housing options before committing to a selection and always visit the accommodation before sending a first deposit or signing the contract.
To apply to Rennes School of Business for your third BME year, use this "I apply online" form and anticipate the following requirements:
- Mandatory documents:
- covering letter
- full school report with grades of the final two years of secondary education
- Telephone interview with the Programme Manager
- Admissions Panel
- French “Baccalauréat” or equivalent at beginning of the academic year
- For non-native French speakers: a French language test (equivalent to DELF B2 minimum)
To locate Rennes School of Business on an interactive map, visit the BME World Map. For coordinates to enquire about the BME programme in general, refer to the Join Us page. For questions specific on attending Rennes School of Business as part of BME, feel free to email Juliet Armand (email@example.com).